Tuesday 21 October 2008

Ribbony Goodness

Today I have been buying ribbon. I popped to my local cake-decorating supplies shop to buy sensible ribbon supplies and came away with an assortment of fancy patterned lovelies that cried out "buy me! buy me!" despite not yet having a project assigned to them... I'll post a picture soon (it's far too dark now) and hopefully they'll inspire me to make some fun new designs! :)

Oh, and yes you did read that right: I did say cake-decorating supplies shop. My local one not only sells the most amazing array of baking paraphernalia I've ever laid eyes on but also has a whole wall of gorgeous ribbons in all imaginable colours and sizes. I take all my ribbon-requiring projects there, they have colours to match almost anything and much more choice than my small local haberdashers.

Thinking of ribbon though, I wanted to mention the lovely Etsy supplies shop BigFish whose brightly coloured selections of crafty supplies currently have me drooling and thinking of projects to justify their purchase (though, lets be honest now, I don't normally need an excuse to buy craft supplies!). Run by the creative brain behind PaperFish and SnowFish- a fellow felt crafter and kindred spirit as we both just adore colour! - BigFish is jam packed with yumminess like these lush spotty and stripey ribbons...
... cute gingham buttons...
... funky fairtrade felt balls ...
... and generally more brightly coloured crafting goodness than you can shake a stick at!If you spot some of her supplies turning up in my own items in future do not be surprised - those felt balls in particular are calling out to me rather loudly!

4 comments:

tracychong said...

The pink ribbons and buttons are absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

mwwwaaaa - all so delightful!!!!!! Can't wait to see what you create!

dropstitch said...

Oh! The gingham buttons!

Anonymous said...

those balls are great!