Wednesday 6 June 2012

Jubilee Weekend Bits & Bobs

I hope you guys enjoyed the Jubilee weekend!

Here a few snaps of what I've been up to over the past few days...

I used some pretty tape from Summersville to make lots of mini "thankyou" cards to send out with my orders - this was the perfect task to do while sitting watching coverage of the Jubilee festivities on the telly! I use the same tape when packing my orders, sealing bags and envelopes. 


Following the fine example set by our kitties, I've been spending lots of time curled up with blankets taking it easy (although I haven't gone as far as to have have actual naps yet, haha). The weather has been so cold & miserable here lately that both cats have adopted a very "pro lap" policy this week and I've had lovely purring bundles of fur keeping me company (& keeping me warm!) when watching films in the evening.


Thanks to the chilly weather I've also managed to get caught up with my sky blanket. It's definitely the right sort of weather to sit with a half-finished blanket on your lap, sewing in yarn ends. I've been knitting so many grey squares for it lately, I don't think this blanket is going to be a particularly great advertisement for the charms of the British summertime!


I've also been framing some large prints & posters, the frames for which have been on my "to buy" list since I sorted through my pictures back in January. January! At this rate, I may have actually hung some art on my walls by the end of the year. (The print in this slightly blurry pic is by Hazel Nicholls).


In other news....I'm trying a few new things:

1) I've switched off the word verification widget on my blog's comment form. I keep reading on blogs etc how much people hate them / how they prevent some people from commenting, and I'd hate for that to be happening here on my blog! However, I am a little concerned about getting a sudden influx of spam in my inbox so I'm going to give it a try for a while and see what happens. If there ends up being too much spam it will have to come back again (sorry!).

2) I'm giving up caffeine for a bit, to see what effect it has on my energy levels. I've been trying to cut down on my tea drinking for a while now but it's all too easy to let those tea breaks slip back into my routine (especially with my parents freqently offering to put the kettle on). Today is Day 2. I'll let you know how it goes! :)

and 3) I've resolved to stop neglecting my Facebook page as I have shamefully done pretty much since I first got it. I don't use Facebook very much in my personal life & it's taken me a while to get used to it / work out how I want to use it for my business. I've been linking to my latest blog posts, but really that's not very exciting, is it?


So from here on I'm going to be trying to share some more fun stuff over on Facebook - links to cool projects, tutorials or crafty products I find in my online travels, reviews of my book or nice things people have been making from my tutorials, and other bits and pieces that are great but aren't normally things I blog about... plus I'll keep you up to date about new posts here on the blog & anything new / any special offers in my shops. Sound good? Click here to visit my Facebook page.

6 comments:

Claire Jain said...

Yay! So glad to hear that you're giving it a go at disabling the word verification. Apparently it's really not that necessary anymore. I hope you find it to be the case!

MysteriousCats Amigurumi Patterns said...

Seems you had a busy bank holiday! And what about this weather in June? Cats are quite right ;)
Good tip about the word verification but I think spam is still a threat?

Tumus said...

Lisa over at LilFishStudios uses her Facebook page to do exactly like you intend to use it for and with good success!

I'll have to look you up over there and add you to my list. The Jubilee stuff was great, they even covered it over in the US!

C said...

I've been mourning the loss of that brief bit of warm sunny weather we had. It wouldn't be so bad though if I had a couple of kitty lap warmers like you have.

Rachael said...

That word verification is a real pain, especially when you just want to add a short comment and the verification takes longer than comment! I gave up caffeine too but still need to give up sweetener.Rx

http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

Bugs and Fishes said...

I know the word verification is a real pain for some people but unfortunately my experiment wasn't a success as I just got too much nasty spam coming through :(